Whose Shack?

I was told I HAD to watch this movie about a guy that loses his little girl and goes on this trip to get the guy that killed her. I was expecting some Prisoners type movie (if you haven’t seen Prisoners, I highly recommend it. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal are incredible.) I was not expecting The Shack to be about Sam Worthington finding God in a forest.

“Living without being loved is like clipping a bird’s wings.” Octavia Spencer said this in the movie, The Shack. This movie was recommended by one of my more religious friends, and had a lot of good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I am not very religious and I don’t watch religious movies, but I am glad that I watched this movie. It isn’t something I would necessarily watch again, nor was it a movie I would go around telling people they HAD to watch because it was just that good, but it was beautifully shot and the cast was fantastic (I mean, Octavia Spencer and Sam Worthington; you can’t go wrong with them!) The visuals and music were on point, absolutely beautiful, although a couple of times I could have sworn I heard the Jurassic Park theme song play. I did kind of zone out around the middle of it because there wasn’t much going on or anything to really grab my attention (other than Sam’s face.) Overall it was good, I don’t regret watching it, but I don’t think I would ever watch it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday