The (Wo)Man, the Myth, the Legend... Part 2

If you recall Margret's first semester, (still not saying names for privacy purposes) she had failed 3/5 classes and still thought it was not her fault... yes it was Margret, yes it was.
Moving on to 2nd semester, day 1: no classes with Margret, so I did not see her leading me to believe that she had dropped out or got kicked out. Day 2: I made it to my last class, without seeing her, but who comes strolling into (late, of course) photography? None other than THE Margret. "Sorry I'm late, (insert stupid, unrealistic excuse.)" She continued telling everyone in class, "I know 99% of the Adobe programs, so if you ever need help, ask me" yeah, remember that?
After that 1st week, Margret stopped coming to classes and everything was right in the world again. She came back to photography after a fall break with the excuse "I have been deathly ill," yeah, sure. Knowing that was a lie (because one of my friends saw her a couple days before in the drive thru of McDonalds) I laughed it off and moved on with my life. She stopped showing up to classes again when she realized that no one was giving her attention for being "deathly ill" for so long.
For the majority of the semester, Margret was nonexistent. No one saw her, no one talked to her, she completely fell off the planet.
Skip ahead to about 2 weeks before the end of the semester. My friend (we'll call her Betty) comes into one of our classes completely shocked into silence. Betty, miraculously, had seen none other than THE Margret sitting on the floor outside her dorm with her boyfriend. They had apparently gotten locked out of her dorm room and Betty, being polite, asks, "wow, I haven't seen you in forever. Where've you been? How are you?" Margret's response, "oh, you know, just being pregnant." End of conversation. Apparently the illness that had been keeping her out of class was pregnancy... That was the last we ever heard of Margret. Now she is just a legend of what not to do in college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday