The (Wo)Man, the Myth, the Legend... Part 1

Okay, so everyone knows what to do in college; study, homework, exams, repeat. This being so obvious and having been drilled into our brains since we were in the first grade; you would think everyone would know what NOT to do in college as well. Believe it or not, there is such thing as too much partying; you want to stay away from that. Not showing up to class, BIG no no! In such a small school, most classes at ONU have an attendance policy so that you don't skip every single class, fumble your way through the exam and pass without learning anything. Despite popular opinion, going to college is meant to be a learning experience (and not just learning how to chug twelve beers and not wake up with a hangover.) My freshman year, I learned that these bad things actually happen a lot, and I just so happen to know someone that did it. For privacy purposes, I'm not going to use her real name so we'll call her Margret.
Margret was a graphic design student and one of those people that think they know everything but EVERYTHING that came out of their mouth was wrong. 
Very first day, Margret says "I know 99% of the Adobe programs, so if you ever need help, ask me."
Next week, I ask for help on a project that we had to use an Adobe program for and Margret says, "well, it isn't really something I can teach you, you just kind of have to learn it on your own." So much for her help. Skip ahead a few weeks; it is the day a project is due, Margret hasn't shown up to the majority of her classes. She enters the room with an unfinished project and a huge ego. Let's skip all the way to the last 2 weeks of the semester; Margret is failing at least 3/5 of her classes and still thinks she can say, "I think our professor hates me. He's failing me on purpose." No Margret, you're failing because you haven't shown up to class for the majority of the semester...

Stay tuned for Margret's second semester...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday