Listening In

Do you ever make up life stories or situational stories about people in a public place? I do it quite often and it is the most interesting, fun, creative thing to do and if you're with friends they might actually believe you know the people you are talking about. My friend and I were at Olive Garden one day and across the dining room there was a couple sitting at one of those tiny booths that only fit 2 people. The man, mid 20s, we called John (super generic, I know) the woman, early 20s, we called Sarah (again, generic.) Sarah and John were sitting at the table, not really paying attention to one another; just kind sitting, looking around, playing on their phones and stuff. They were either on their first date and both really nervous or they had been dating so long that they ran out of things to talk about without having to refer to a Facebook post. My story went with the 2nd guess. They had been dating for 1 1/2-2 years and were both board with the relationship. The salad came, they both started eating, still not speaking, John finished first and started to speak. He said something to stun Sarah; she put down her fork and started talking with him. I think they were arguing, probably about how boring their relationship had become. They talked and talked and suddenly Sarah got up from the table and walked toward the exit. I thought she would just be going to the bathroom, but she never came back and John just sat at the table on his phone for about 1/2 hour before paying the check and leaving.
Keep in mind, I have no idea who these people were. I didn't know their names, if they were arguing, if they were even dating. My story matched up with what was happening though and that freaked out my friend A LOT. I'm apparently just a really good bull-sh!tter.

Comments

  1. I am definitely guilty of people watching. For some reason I am always trying to figure out what these people are doing and how they are connected! I think it is partying befuasr I am a nosy person, but I am glad to hear you have done this before as well! It can be quite fun and entertaining .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday