Holiday Strike!

This weekend I had the honor of tearing down theatre sets in Lima (which is called strike). By honor, I mean being completely lost, not know what I could and couldn't do and being in everyone's way. It got to a point that I told anyone that asked why I was just standing in a corner, "I would rather be called lazy and have the job get done right by someone who knows what they're doing, than be called dumb because I did the job wrong and messed everything up." There were so many people helping out that they honestly didn't even need a puny person like me anyway.
A couple good things did happen during strike though. First, I met a really cute guy and Crystal and I hung out with him for a while, wrapping things in cloth (they called it muslin. Why cloth is so hard to say, I have no idea, but whatever.) For the majority of the night he didn't know my name and just referred to me as "small person" (not demeaning whatsoever...). I pretended to make a big deal about it and we joked around about it and then he asked what my name was and all was well. The second good thing to come out of strike was, Crystal and I made a tape ball that ended up being the size of a softball (it was pretty impressive considering it was a solid ball of old, used tape). Lastly, for the majority of the night Crystal thought, when they were saying to wrap set pieces in MUSLIN, they were saying to wrap set pieces in MUSLIM.
By the end of the night I was tired, irritated and just ready to go home and fall into bed. What actually ended up happening was; I got home, laid on the couch for about four episodes of Law and Order SVU (because its obviously the best), and finally went to bed around 2a.m. Why did I even do this, is probably what crossed your mind throughout reading this. Well, because I had to. It was something I had to do for a Liberal Arts class that I had to take. Apparently the Liberal Arts class we have to take has to be outside our major... that's a little difficult considering I'm and art major!! But whatever I guess.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Phobias