The Essence of Fall

A knife so sharp it easily pierces the glowing orange skin and enters the fleshy guts of the perfectly shaped orb. A scent, that so perfectly sums up the entire season, penetrates your nose. If anyone says that they don't love carving pumpkins, they're lying. Carving pumpkins is easily the best part of fall, or at least October. Going to a pumpkin patch and picking out the perfectly shaped, orange blobs of happiness is the highlight of my year. Maybe its just me, but I believe that how a person carves a pumpkin describes their entire personality. There are the people that get really intricate with their carvings, the people that carve cutesy designs or characters, and then there are the people that go 100% halloween. I'm the person that goes with all three. This year, I made a strawberry as my
"intricate yet cutesy" pumpkin. My "character" pumpkins were Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales (because they're adorable and my pumpkins matched them perfectly), and finally I planned on my "100% halloween" pumpkin was going to be a haunted house with a little scaredy pumpkin inside, but I gave my last one to my sister to carve. There are more than just the decoration factors to carving pumpkins though. There is also the seeds. If you have not eaten roasted pumpkin seeds, you have not lived and I pity you. Every year I roast all the seeds from all the pumpkins I carve (which is usually 4 or 5) and they are PERFECT! I recommend if you have never roasted your own pumpkin seeds to do it. You are missing out on one of the best things EVER!

Comments

  1. I love pumpkins and carving them in the fall. I love that you used veggie tale characters as well! I really want to try pumpkin seeds now, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday