Refresh These Stories

The Dodo, Cosmopolitan, Entertainment, Vogue, Tastemade, Buzz Feed; what do all of these information filled wonders of social media have in common? They're all on Snapchat. Snapchat is a beautiful thing, pictures that only stay on your screen for however long you will allow, they can be private of posted for all to see. What could be better? Oh, they have "news" stories that are new every day? Well, not exactly.
Don't get me wrong, I love looking at The Dodo and Cosmo on Snapchat sometimes, but half of what's on those  every day has already been on there. Who likes watching re-runs of a show you only watch on occasion? At least three times a week I go to look at one or more of these subscriptions and they are the same thing every other day. When I'm bored, I don't watch old Wheel of Fortune episodes, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either, so why would anyone want to read the same stories every other day?

I can't be the only one who's noticed; comment your thoughts!!

Comments

  1. I know a lot of people look at these stories but I personally don't. Well the only times I do are when I accidentally swipe over and see a headline i'm interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally don't look at the Snapchat stories, because I feel it's pretty sub-par content in general. I use the app a ton on a daily basis to keep up with friends, but other than that I find it very hard to use it for anything. I wish there were more traditional news stories on there, or at least featured, because the app is so intuitive and easy to use it would be great for browsing through content, but sadly that isn't so. Also, your post gave me an idea for what to post about on my blog, so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams are Weird...

Hit a Rut

Black Friday